This morning I had the distinct pleasure of being interviewed on Tweet Chat by Jennifer MacDonald, Director of Community and Client Engagement at Engage121. The topic of discussion was Franchising and Social Media, a topic very close and dear to my heart.
Starting off the discussion, Jennifer asked me, “Why should I let my franchisees use Social Media?” to which I responded, “Today’s consumer is more sophisticated and technologically advanced than ever before, and expect brands to be online!” and followed up with, “Franchisees need to be on social media to provide the “local” experience for consumers.” The discussion may be viewed on Twitter by searching the hashtag #IFA2012.
But if you really want (need) a more comprehensive answer to the question, I suggest reading Jennifer’s post, Why should I let my franchisees use Social Media, posted today on Engage121 blog. Here’s an excerpt of the post…
Why wouldn’t you? I’m going to guess that your first thought is brand management. That is understandable. But, you let your franchisees market their business now and you have brand guidelines for them to follow. You provide training when they first join your franchise network, and maybe you show them how to use your email marketing system. Why not add a little training about using Facebook for business as well?
If you don’t have the manpower for training, then make sure to add some guidelines to your brand policy. Point your franchisees in the right direction for support, such as Facebook’s Help Center or Twitter’s support center. List a few good blogs for them to follow in order to learn Best Practices, such as Spin Sucks, SmartBrief on Social Media, and Mashable.
For more than 10 years, Engage121, Inc has provided communications software and services to hundreds of national franchisors, dealerships and direct sellers. We sell software applications on a subscription basis to marketing and customer service leaders who need to manage their communities. Simply put, Engage121 is an established social CRM software company. Engage121 drives demand and incremental revenues for customers by providing access to millions of engaged consumers. We have a client-driven development approach to adapt our platform to your business and customer relationships today and tomorrow. Customer satisfaction is our top priority.
With the International Franchise Association Annual Convention kicking off in Las Vegas on Sunday, February 13th, attendees will be able to enhance their convention experience with real-time social media. Jack and Paul discussed how to effectively utilize the IFA Mobile Application to create a personal convention schedule, navigate the exhibit hall and interact with exhibitors, download powerpoint presentations from education sessions, and stay on top of breaking news and alerts.
Effectively integrating the relatively new Foursquare, along with social media mainstays, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and You Tube into the mix also lends to an enahnced convention experience. As Engage121 is a co-sponsor of the IFA Convention Tweetup, Jack and Paul also discussed the benefits of attending the event and interacting with fellow IFA Tweeters by utilizing the IFA Twitter hastag #IFA.
Besies the IFA Convention-related links within this post, an additional real-time social media tool mentioned on the show is the new IFA blog site, Fran Blog.
For additional information, may we refer you to today’s post by Jack Monson on the topic of IFA Convention-related Social Media links.
About Franchise Today
Franchise Today is hosted by Paul Segreto, President & CEO at franchisEssentials, and co-produced by well-known franchise veteran, Joe Caruso. Their unique perspective and extensive industry experience provides the foundation for relevant discussions about franchising and franchise best practices. Weekly guests include some of the brightest minds in the franchise world, with specific expertise and experience within various areas of franchising.
Other features include Franchise News, as reported by the leading franchise publications, the IFA Corner, news and events from the International Franchise Association, New Brands in Franchising, a look at up and coming franchise concepts, and “Are You Kidding Me?”, eye-opening and thought-provoking insight into the comical, and sometimes illogical side of franchising.
The team at Franchise Today is dedicated to franchise success at all levels. So, whether you’re a franchise professional looking to grow a franchise concept, needing some assistance in facing today’s challenges or would just like to better understand franchise best practices, then Franchise Today is for you!
Franchise Today airs LIVE every Thursday at 12 PM CST / 1 PM EST with archived segments available on-demand.
- SPECIAL EDITION - Dealmakers' Summit - Jun 19,2013
- Franchising is All About Relationships - Jun 13,2013
- Consumer Marketing - A Cornerstone of the Franchise Model - Jun 06,2013
- IFA Legal Symposium Recap - May 30,2013
- eDiscovery - What's New & Why Do I Care? - May 23,2013
- Effective Financial Performance Representations - May 16,2013
- Franchise Sales Outsourcing - Opportunities & Pitfalls - May 09,2013
- Franchise Litigation - Getting Your Ducks in a Row! - May 02,2013
- Understanding Private Equity in Franchising - Apr 25,2013
- Compiling, Utilizing, and Protecting Information and Data - Apr 18,2013
- “Franchise Today” Kicks Off Fourth Annual Franchise Legal Series
- Passion. Enthusiasm. Culture. Jersey Mike’s!
- Value-added Discussions – A Linkedin Best Practice
- IFA 2013 may have ended, but the discussions should continue…
- Heavy-hitters in Franchising on Franchise Today in 2013
- True Social Media ROI – Relationship & Community Building
- Let’s Get Together at IFA2013!
- Personal Branding and the Power of “YOU”
- The New Media Effect on Franchise Sales & the Franchise Relationship
- Franchise Social Media Basics – What a Great E-IDEA!
- Marketing, Media & Franchising
- How Much Change Is Good?
- Are You Confused by Franchise Terminology?
- Controlled Growth Key to Success for New Franchise Concepts!
- Franchise Sales Process: Consistent or Flavor-of-the-Month?