Are You a Franchise Seller?
On the surface, it doesn’t appear to be too difficult to determine whether or not one is a franchise seller. Yet, I hear time and time again the same rationalization and justification as to why a person feels they are not a franchise seller. I hear about trading off the candidate prior to the sale, only qualifying the candidate until the franchise salesperson actually talks turkey with the candidate, and just recently, I was told, about presenting the candidate with three options but the candidate is not sold anything. Does anyone REALLY believe this crap?
So, to eliminate the confusion as to what being a franchise seller entails, I refer back to The Franchise Seller’s Handbook by Warren Lee Lewis. Here’s what Warren has written in this fine publication, right in the first section, Introduction: Making Legal Franchise Sales
A Franchise Seller
If you are an officer, employee, representative or broker involved in the offer or sales of franchises, you are a “franchise seller.” As a franchise seller, you can use [the handbook] to help you make legal sales.
Your involvement in the offer or sale of franchises may be obvious, such as if you are a salesperson actively pursuing franchise prospects for a franchisor, are signing agreements with new franchisees, or are accepting payments from new franchisees. Or, your involvement may be less obvious, such as if you are participating as a finder or consultant in discussions with prospects about their business interests, pre-screening prospects through questionnaires, recommending franchise options, or assisting prospects in completing franchise application forms. In either case, you are involved in the offer and sale of franchises, making you a franchise seller.
Still confused? Well, I highly recommend you print a copy of The Franchise Seller’s Handbook by clicking HERE. And, be sure to read it sooner, rather than later. If you’d like a hard copy, just let me know and I’ll be sure to get you one. Of course, as supplies last!
This post was originally published on this site July 2010, but still relevant today with minor revisions made to the original post.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Driving Franchise Growth - Jun 20,2013
- SPECIAL EDITION - Dealmakers' Summit - Jun 19,2013
- Franchising is All About Relationships - Jun 13,2013
- Consumer Marketing - A Cornerstone of the Franchise Model - Jun 06,2013
- IFA Legal Symposium Recap - May 30,2013
- eDiscovery - What's New & Why Do I Care? - May 23,2013
- Effective Financial Performance Representations - May 16,2013
- Franchise Sales Outsourcing - Opportunities & Pitfalls - May 09,2013
- Franchise Litigation - Getting Your Ducks in a Row! - May 02,2013
- Understanding Private Equity in Franchising - Apr 25,2013
- “Franchise Today” Kicks Off Fourth Annual Franchise Legal Series
- Passion. Enthusiasm. Culture. Jersey Mike’s!
- Value-added Discussions – A Linkedin Best Practice
- IFA 2013 may have ended, but the discussions should continue…
- Heavy-hitters in Franchising on Franchise Today in 2013
- True Social Media ROI – Relationship & Community Building
- Let’s Get Together at IFA2013!
- Personal Branding and the Power of “YOU”
- The New Media Effect on Franchise Sales & the Franchise Relationship
- Franchise Social Media Basics – What a Great E-IDEA!
- Marketing, Media & Franchising
- How Much Change Is Good?
- Are You Confused by Franchise Terminology?
- Controlled Growth Key to Success for New Franchise Concepts!
- Franchise Sales Process: Consistent or Flavor-of-the-Month?