Can you handle the truth about your social media efforts?
Wow. Talk about a loaded question! To quote the famous comedienne Joan Rivers, “Can we talk?” – I believe the key here is really being honest with yourself. Yes, we need to hear the truth… that is, unless, again quoting another famous person, Jack Nicholson as Colonel Jessep in A Few Good Men, “you can’t handle the truth!”
Well, and I’m quoting again here, this time from one of my all-time favorite movies, The Godfather, “Let me be more frank just to show you that I’m not a hard-hearted man…” Do you feel you could be doing better in social media? Ah heck, let’s ask the real question and stop dancing around, Does your business suck at social media? Below is a really great article as posted on Business2Community.com that may shed some light and maybe even open your eyes… to the truth!
4 Reasons Your Business Sucks at Social Media By Perry Sheraw, Published March 9, 2012
Social media networks were supposed to be the promised land for small businesses. They were supposed to be the great equalizer, the marketing tools that finally gave start-ups the same exposure as the industry leaders. But if that’s the case, why does your company still only have eight friends on Facebook?
Running a successful social media strategy isn’t as easy as many small business owners think it will be. Your company’s online success depends on several factors, and if you don’t account for all of them, you could find yourself stuck in the social media wastelands. That’s not something many business owners like to hear, but the good news is that getting out of the Internet desert is simply a matter of redirecting your efforts. While thousands of businesses struggle to establish a presence online, they all tend to have trouble with the same four issues. So if you’re not getting poked as often as you deserve, use this guide to troubleshoot your social media strategy.
The articles goes on to list the 4 reasons as…
- Stop trying to build Rome. Build relationships.
- Be more than active. Be hyperactive.
- Aim for a social media strategy that matches your value propositions.
- Stop looking for love in all the wrong places.
To learn more about these 4 reasons, click HERE.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- eDiscovery - What's New & Why Do I Care? - May 23,2013
- Effective Financial Performance Representations - May 16,2013
- Franchise Sales Outsourcing - Opportunities & Pitfalls - May 09,2013
- Franchise Litigation - Getting Your Ducks in a Row! - May 02,2013
- Understanding Private Equity in Franchising - Apr 25,2013
- Compiling, Utilizing, and Protecting Information and Data - Apr 18,2013
- Franchise Sales Best Practices - Legal Perspective - Apr 11,2013
- Franchising 2013: The IFA Perspective - REPLAY - Apr 04,2013
- Location, Location, Location - Mar 28,2013
- Building a Culture Key to Multi-unit Success - Mar 21,2013
- “Franchise Today” Kicks Off Fourth Annual Franchise Legal Series
- Passion. Enthusiasm. Culture. Jersey Mike’s!
- Value-added Discussions – A Linkedin Best Practice
- IFA 2013 may have ended, but the discussions should continue…
- Heavy-hitters in Franchising on Franchise Today in 2013
- True Social Media ROI – Relationship & Community Building
- Let’s Get Together at IFA2013!
- Personal Branding and the Power of “YOU”
- The New Media Effect on Franchise Sales & the Franchise Relationship
- Franchise Social Media Basics – What a Great E-IDEA!
- Marketing, Media & Franchising
- How Much Change Is Good?
- Are You Confused by Franchise Terminology?
- Controlled Growth Key to Success for New Franchise Concepts!
- Franchise Sales Process: Consistent or Flavor-of-the-Month?