Hello? Are We Communicating?
The following is a guest post by David Muray. David is a marketing and a digital communications strategist. He carries extensive experience in social media, online community management, product development, and any project that requires creative out of the box solutions.
A member of iDetroit, David founded the Social Media Club chapter of Detroit, and is one of the co-chairs for FutureMidwest, the region’s largest technology and knowledge conference. He has also been featured in David Meerman Scott’s blog, Web Ink Now; and his book, The New Rules of Marketing and PR.
David’s passion is in helping others. He enjoys sharing how businesses can learn the true value of the digital landscape, which is relationships; and how job seekers can use social media to find employment.
Do You Really Communicate, or Do You Just Tweet?
Originally posted on The Way of the Murr blog, March 5, 2011
Do you try to connect, or do you just broadcast?
Are you creating content, or are you just blogging?
Do you tell or show someone what you like, or do you just hit the button?
Are you sharing, or are you yelling?
Are you helping, or are you telling someone what to do?
Do you share your passion, or do you simply share your products?
Are you really excited, or are you just bragging?
Did you write a resource, or did you just write a book?
Do you have think tanks, or do you just put on a conference?
Do you help educate, or do you just like to speak?
Are you a leader, or are you a rock star?
Are you bringing value, or are you just interested in the party?
Do you truly interact and engage, or are you simply showing up?
Are you showing up, or are you just checking in?
Do you share your accomplishments, or are you simply collecting badges?
Do you read, or do you just bookmark?
Do you feel, or do you think?
Do you have things to do, or are you just busy?
Are you here right now, or are you thinking about two hours from now?
Are you creating something others can participate with, or are you just building something?
Are you adding constructive criticism, or are you just complaining?
Are you critiquing, or are you jealous?
Are you in the business to innovate, or are you just making money?
Do you include creativity in your bottom line, or is it just revenue?
Do you create functionality, or do you just create apps?
Do you have an experience, or do you just have a brand?
Do you listen, or do you simply monitor?
Are you looking to create relationships, or are you simply looking for leads?
Do you lead, or do you manage?
Do you manage, or do you constrict?
Do you listen to people’s ideas, or do you just tell them what to do?
Are you excited, or are you scared?
Is it just about ROI, or is it also about communicating?
The ones who communicate the best, will win.
Does your business or organization truly communicate? Do you really strive to connect? Are you honestly trying to help solve a problem?
I hope so, because if you are only concerned with charts, graphs, numbers, and how well you are doing, you’ll be obsolete.
We won’t need you. We’ll create our own solutions, and we’ll do this by truly communicating with others.
Do you communicate, or… ?
*This post was originally published on this site March 2011
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- SPECIAL EDITION - Dealmakers' Summit - Jun 19,2013
- Franchising is All About Relationships - Jun 13,2013
- Consumer Marketing - A Cornerstone of the Franchise Model - Jun 06,2013
- IFA Legal Symposium Recap - May 30,2013
- eDiscovery - What's New & Why Do I Care? - May 23,2013
- Effective Financial Performance Representations - May 16,2013
- Franchise Sales Outsourcing - Opportunities & Pitfalls - May 09,2013
- Franchise Litigation - Getting Your Ducks in a Row! - May 02,2013
- Understanding Private Equity in Franchising - Apr 25,2013
- Compiling, Utilizing, and Protecting Information and Data - Apr 18,2013
- “Franchise Today” Kicks Off Fourth Annual Franchise Legal Series
- Passion. Enthusiasm. Culture. Jersey Mike’s!
- Value-added Discussions – A Linkedin Best Practice
- IFA 2013 may have ended, but the discussions should continue…
- Heavy-hitters in Franchising on Franchise Today in 2013
- True Social Media ROI – Relationship & Community Building
- Let’s Get Together at IFA2013!
- Personal Branding and the Power of “YOU”
- The New Media Effect on Franchise Sales & the Franchise Relationship
- Franchise Social Media Basics – What a Great E-IDEA!
- Marketing, Media & Franchising
- How Much Change Is Good?
- Are You Confused by Franchise Terminology?
- Controlled Growth Key to Success for New Franchise Concepts!
- Franchise Sales Process: Consistent or Flavor-of-the-Month?