Is there such a thing as a social media expert?
I posted this question across various Linkedin Franchise Groups, Social Media and E-marketing groups, and within the LinkedIn Q & A section.
Of course, I shared my initial thoughts…
“In my opinion, there is no such thing as a social media expert. How can one be an expert within something that is changing every day?
Besides, social media is a communications tool and as such, must be integrated within traditional processes and methods. There is no one-size-fits-all approach. At best, an individual can be considered an expert in utilizing social media within a specific industry segment or for a particular purpose (ie – fund raising).”
…and also provided some additional clarification.
“I do profess to be quite proficient in franchising and I just happen to have focused my attention on utilizing social media within the franchise environment.
To me, while it’s important to continue to hone my skills within social media, my real focus, and expertise if you will, is in integrating social technology within traditional marketing and development processes within franchising, and in accordance with the legal parameters of franchising including disclosure and FPRs, and in keeping the franchise relationship in mind.
The same can be said of email and mobile technology. The key is in how these technologies can be integrated within traditional processes, and sometimes with each other, to enhance messages, improve reach, and increase marketing efficiencies… and within franchising.”
Care to share your thoughts?
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- eDiscovery - What's New & Why Do I Care? - May 23,2013
- Effective Financial Performance Representations - May 16,2013
- Franchise Sales Outsourcing - Opportunities & Pitfalls - May 09,2013
- Franchise Litigation - Getting Your Ducks in a Row! - May 02,2013
- Understanding Private Equity in Franchising - Apr 25,2013
- Compiling, Utilizing, and Protecting Information and Data - Apr 18,2013
- Franchise Sales Best Practices - Legal Perspective - Apr 11,2013
- Franchising 2013: The IFA Perspective - REPLAY - Apr 04,2013
- Location, Location, Location - Mar 28,2013
- Building a Culture Key to Multi-unit Success - Mar 21,2013
- “Franchise Today” Kicks Off Fourth Annual Franchise Legal Series
- Passion. Enthusiasm. Culture. Jersey Mike’s!
- Value-added Discussions – A Linkedin Best Practice
- IFA 2013 may have ended, but the discussions should continue…
- Heavy-hitters in Franchising on Franchise Today in 2013
- True Social Media ROI – Relationship & Community Building
- Let’s Get Together at IFA2013!
- Personal Branding and the Power of “YOU”
- The New Media Effect on Franchise Sales & the Franchise Relationship
- Franchise Social Media Basics – What a Great E-IDEA!
- Marketing, Media & Franchising
- How Much Change Is Good?
- Are You Confused by Franchise Terminology?
- Controlled Growth Key to Success for New Franchise Concepts!
- Franchise Sales Process: Consistent or Flavor-of-the-Month?