Attention Franchisors! Is this a legitimate way to attract franchise candidates?
Working with many franchisor clients in developing lead generation strategies, I’ve run into a situation time after time that really has me perplexed. The situation has to do with a particular franchise organization using a franchise brand name, not their own, to direct franchise candidates to their site.
Often, the appearance of the site appears legitimate, complete with Google Ads and a great deal of reference to franchising. In fact, there’s often a quote from the unsuspecting franchise brand’s site included on the directing site. So, what appears to be a legitimate person as author to the site leads candidates to believe the author is also the author of the unsuspecting brand’s quote.
Confusing, right? Wait, it gets better…
The reply forms on the page give the perception the candidate is providing information to the brand they searched, and as listed across the top of the page, only to have the completed form directed to the franchisor that developed the directing site.
Take a close look at the actual link provided below to see for yourself. Then, check for a similar page online that includes your brand name because I have found hundreds of similar situations with the same franchisor behind this practice.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- eDiscovery - What's New & Why Do I Care? - May 23,2013
- Effective Financial Performance Representations - May 16,2013
- Franchise Sales Outsourcing - Opportunities & Pitfalls - May 09,2013
- Franchise Litigation - Getting Your Ducks in a Row! - May 02,2013
- Understanding Private Equity in Franchising - Apr 25,2013
- Compiling, Utilizing, and Protecting Information and Data - Apr 18,2013
- Franchise Sales Best Practices - Legal Perspective - Apr 11,2013
- Franchising 2013: The IFA Perspective - REPLAY - Apr 04,2013
- Location, Location, Location - Mar 28,2013
- Building a Culture Key to Multi-unit Success - Mar 21,2013
- “Franchise Today” Kicks Off Fourth Annual Franchise Legal Series
- Passion. Enthusiasm. Culture. Jersey Mike’s!
- Value-added Discussions – A Linkedin Best Practice
- IFA 2013 may have ended, but the discussions should continue…
- Heavy-hitters in Franchising on Franchise Today in 2013
- True Social Media ROI – Relationship & Community Building
- Let’s Get Together at IFA2013!
- Personal Branding and the Power of “YOU”
- The New Media Effect on Franchise Sales & the Franchise Relationship
- Franchise Social Media Basics – What a Great E-IDEA!
- Marketing, Media & Franchising
- How Much Change Is Good?
- Are You Confused by Franchise Terminology?
- Controlled Growth Key to Success for New Franchise Concepts!
- Franchise Sales Process: Consistent or Flavor-of-the-Month?