Signs of the Times
We’ve seen stories in the news and on television about workers being fired for comments and photos they’ve posted on Twitter, Facebook and MySpace. We’ve heard about companies conducting online searches of potential employees in the same social networking sites claiming they want to know how a potential employees acts outside the workplace.
Should it really matter to an employer what workers post on social networking sites, provided they make their posts on their own time? Is it intrusive for employers to cross into workers’ personal lives in this manner? As for potential employees, should it matter how individuals act outside the workplace especially if their work performance is on target?
Have employers just gotten to the point of searching for negatives and reasons to terminate employment? Are employers just looking for reasons not to hire? Have we evolved into a business world where the glass is now half empty as opposed to half full?
- Franchising is All About Relationships - REPLAY - Oct 31,2013
- Helping to create the American Dream... day after day! - Oct 24,2013
- Let's Talk Entrepreneurship (REBROADCAST) - Oct 17,2013
- Fast Times at Franchise High! - Oct 10,2013
- Let's Talk Entrepreneurship - Oct 03,2013
- Driving Franchise Growth REPLAY - Sep 26,2013
- Political Action - A Franchisor's Perspective - Sep 19,2013
- IFA Experts Talk About Public Affairs - Sep 12,2013
- Franchise Leadership & Development - Sep 05,2013
- Technology in Franchising - Jun 27,2013
- Integrated Franchise Marketing & Development
- So, you want to do business with franchise companies…
- Social Media ROI Revisited at Franchise Expo South
- Defining Franchise Success
- Franchise Sales Process: Consistent or Flavor-of-the-Month?
- Are You Confused by Franchise Terminology?
- CEOs & Social Media – There’s Still a Disconnect for Some
- A Look Back at IFA Conventions – Many Fond Memories Shared!
- Success… It Starts and Grows with a Vision
- Controlled Growth Key to Success for New Franchise Concepts!
- Change or Failure – Which is Worse?
- Franchise Candidates: A Changed Mindset
- True Social Media ROI – Relationship & Community Building
- What Happened To Our Dreams And Goals?
- Technology As The New Norm – Are We There Yet?